Due to unforseen circumstances, Lesie Todd, President has resigned. In the best interest of carrying out the functions of our club, Officers, Steve King and Warrena J. Barnerd have agreed to share the duties of president. Since our club is a non-profit organization, research indicates that the IRS doesn’t care what you call your officers or how many you have, and the presence or absence of a president will, by itself, have no effect on your 501(c)(3) charitable exempt status.
Our next meeting is Monday, March 12th at 6pm in Room 214-215 of the Hatley Building, which is part of the Health Technology Campus, on 750 Laffoon Street in Madisonville, Ky.
- For our club meeting on March 12th, Steve King will be doing a presentation and demonstration of water drop photography with high speed trigger and flash! We ask you to bring 3-5 photos to talk about, either printed or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one day before out meeting so that we can preload them. We look forward to seeing you in March!
- March’s winning print will be judged. Topic is “frame within a frame”. Winner receives $25.00 In order to enter, you must be a paid member. You will need to send your print entries to email@example.com prior to March 12th (the day of our meeting). This will allow us to start our meeting on time as all entries will be preloaded.
- We will have a donate, trade, or sell tub.
Invite anyone to our meetings who is interested in photography. See you in February!
Leslie Todd, President
I love to hike, especially with my chocolate lab, Penny. I’ve been a critical care nurse for 13 years. I went to Dawson school and currently live there. I also love to crochet, I love flower gardens , and my favorite type of photography is macro.
Our next meeting is Monday, January 8th at 7pm in Room 214-215 of the Hatley Building, which is part of the Health Technology Campus, on 750 Laffoon Street in Madisonville, Ky.
From Leslie Todd, President:
- We will recognize outgoing officers for 2017.
- The annual print contest winner, which is selected from all of 2017’s monthly print contest winners, will be judged. First place receives $100; second place receives $50; and third place receives $25.
- January’s winning print will be judged. Topic is “depth of field”. Winner receives $25.00 In order to enter, you must be a paid member.
- We will read the minutes from the December meeting.
- We will have a workshop type of program on basic camera settings where we will ask members to form in groups based on the models of their cameras. Everyone is asked to bring their camera and camera manuals.
- We will collect member dues. As your new officers plan programming for this year, much depends on funding which is supported by the payment of member dues. We ask that members do their best to pay their dues at the January meeting or by the end of January so that paid programming for 2018 can be planned. Dues can be mailed to West Kentucky Photography Club, P.O. Box 13, Madisonville, KY 42431
- Warrena will provide a couple of short tips about using Photoshop, along with illustrations.
Invite anyone to our meetings who is interested in photography. See you in January!
During the December 2017 meeting the membership voted for officers for the upcoming 2018 year.
Your new elected officials are: Leslie Todd, President, Steve King, Vice President, Warrena J. Barnerd, Secretary and Lara Ramsey, Treasurer.
Much was discussed during the meeting for the new year and there’s a lot of exciting things coming up in our club!!! Stay tuned and make sure you pay your dues by attending the next meeting or mailing them in.
Bring your dues to the meeting or mail them to: West Kentucky Photography Club, PO Box 13, Madisonville, Ky 42431
Individual for the year is $20.00
Family Membership is $30.00 a year
Student memberships are $10 a year and Military is $5 a year